As lockdown restrictions begin to ease we wanted to update you on how we are providing our frontline services. There is some progress but we are still a little way from 'business as usual'.
- Our offices at Pioneer House and Parkway remain closed to the public at present.
- Many staff are still working from home each week, although we have begun a partial return to the office on a careful fortnightly schedule to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- We will update you here as we begin to allow limited office appointments over the next few weeks.
- We are now accepting routine repair requests again although we are extending our completion timescales from 28 to 40 days.
- This is to allow us to work through the backlog which built up during lockdown. (Repairs also take longer to complete as operatives are still required to carry out risk assessments and use full PPE before entering a property).
- We are prioritising low risk repairs where possible, for example fencing and external works.
- If we book a repair visit we will still have to ask about you and your family’s health. You must tell us if you have recently returned from abroad or have a high temperature or a new and continuous cough.
- If you reported a repair before or during lockdown, you can check the status at My-online-account.
Enquiries about your tenancy
We are now able to discuss non-urgent housing and tenancy issues with you - visit our Contact us page for full contact info.
We have introduced additional measures to help protect residents living in our sheltered housing.
- We have suspended the use of our community transport services in Central Herts
- We have suspended social activities, including our Kingfisher (dementia support) clubs in North Herts and have cancelled lounge bookings
- We have suspended major refurbishment works, and we have curbed all but essential visits from staff and contractors
- We have written to our sheltered residents to explain the measures in more detail.
- Please report any issues to your Scheme Manager when they contact you.