Home contents insurance

We insure the structure of your home, but this does not include your personal possessions, so we encourage all residents to take out home contents insurance to cover unforseen events such as a flood, or loss or accidental damage.

What is home contents insurance?

Home contents insurance covers you, and family members living with you, against loss, theft or damage to your personal and home possessions. It can cover accidental damage to items such as fixed glazing and your possessions if you take items out of the home.

If you do not have home contents insurance, you will have to pay to replace any of your possessions that are lost, stolen or damaged.

What should your policy cover?

Your policy should cover damage caused by fire, flooding, storms and theft. You may have to pay extra to cover accidental loss or damage to your possessions, which may be worth considering if you have children or pets.

You may also have to pay extra to cover possessions that you take out of the home and to cover a particularly valuable item.  Don't forget to consider items stored in garages or sheds.

Most policies carry an excess of between £50 and £100.

Make sure you know what your policy is offering before you take it out.

Although we cannot recommend a specific insurer, online comparison sites can guide you to the right policy for you.

Chat Live now!

Chat Online

Sorry, this service is currently unavailable.