To rent a home from us, you need to join the housing register run by the local council where you want to live. 

Your application for housing (or to move home if you are already a FGCH resident), will be assessed by the local council in accordance with their own Allocation Policy. You will be awarded a priority for housing depending upon how they assess your housing need.

Our Allocations Policy sets out how we let homes. 

We let very few of our properties directly, and in most cases when one of our homes becomes empty we ask the local council to advertise the property for us on their Choice Based Lettings site. If eligible, applicants and existing FGCH residents, who are on the relevant housing register, can then express their interest in one of our properties (called bidding). The council will send us the details of successful applicants (called a nomination).

Visit your local council website below for more information:

Image of logo for NHDC Image of the logo for Central Beds Council  

Stevenage Borough Council logo  Image of logo for Welwyn Hatfield Council
 Image of logo for Hertsmere Council  Image of logo for East Herts Council